Tips to Turn Old Holiday Lighting into New Holiday Décor
Long-lasting LED light strands are great for reusing year after year, but this doesn’t mean you are stuck with the same look every holiday season. With a little creativity, you can add new elements to your holiday décor to keep it fresh and festive. Straight from our holiday décor experts, here are a few ways to reuse old light decorations in a different way this holiday season.
- Take the C7 of C9 bulbs from your roofline and use them in a tree mixing them with regular mini lights strands for added interest.
- Instead of just wrapping warm white mini lights around your evergreens, purchase cool mini white lights to intertwine with the warm light bulbs for a more luxurious effect.
- If you have an extra strand of sparkling spheres, display them to mimic a chandelier hanging from your pergola, gazebo or porch.
- Rather than simply hanging oversized ornaments in trees, try placing some them with large sugar pinecones in empty plant containers or even a bird feeder.
- Repurpose old shrub light nets by draping them over a garden or patio table like a brilliant white tablecloth.
Stay tuned to the Columbine Design blog for more holiday decor ideas, tips and tricks. We’re also just days away from Columbine Design co-founder Annie Huston’s Outdoor Holiday Décor class at the Inn at Hudson Gardens. Register online today before the November 17th class fills up!