Succulent plants are some of nature’s most beautiful works of art. These exotic-looking plants are not only eye-catching but they are also extremely low-maintenance and drought-tolerant, making them a perfect plant to add color and texture to Colorado gardens and landscapes. Let’s take a look at the 7 most popular species of succulent plants.
1. Blue Wave succulents have distinctive pink ruffle edges.
2. Golden Sedum succulents turns more gold in color the more sun it receives.
3. Hen and Chicks have exotic shapes and peaceful pink and green colors that create stunning visual effects.
4. Fire Stick succulents are reminiscent of bright colored coral.
5. Donkey’s Tails, sometimes called Burro’s Tails or Lamb’s tails, have long trailing branches of serene green bulbous leaves.
6. Paddle Plants, sometimes called Desert Cabbage or Flapjacks, have large round leaves with edges that run gorgeous warm, sunset tones.
7. Elegans, sometimes called Mexican Snowballs, have light green bases similar to Chicks and Hens but with beautiful branches of bright pink, yellow and orange flowers.
Columbine Design in Englewood, Colorado has award winning container designers and landscapers to help you achieve a Colorado garden or landscape that is dynamic and colorful all year long. To learn more about our design and on-demand gardening services, contact Columbine Design at (303) 761-6807.